NLP Tips, Techniques, & Information
NLP is famous for its range of techniques. It has techniques for changing and improving just about anything you do!
Pegasus NLP has been online since 1998 and running NLP courses for over 30 years so there is a lot of free to read information here – over 100 articles in fact.
Our articles are in 7 website sections
To make it easier to find what you want we have sorted the articles into seven sections on this site. This sorting hasn’t been strict or fixed because some articles span a few categories.
So if you don’t find what you want in one section check the others; many articles simply refused to be categorised!
- Communicating with others Tips and insights into how to improve how you communicate
- Managing your moods and emotions (1) Use NLP to manage your moods and emotional reactions. Lots of articles so they are on two pages – this is Page 1.
- Managing your moods and emotion (2) And this is… Page 2.
- NLP in the workplace How NLP can be applied at work – in managing, leading, team development, and in your career.
- NLP skills and techniques Some of the ‘core skills’ which make NLP techniques work well
- Goals, outcomes and motivationThere is a lot more to goals than SMART objectives. How to design your goals to so they lead to action and achieve what you really want
- ‘Won’t neatly fit into a category!’ These articles wouldn’t fit neatly into a category.
The most popular articles
Here is a list of the 10 most-read (and the 10 least-read) articles on the site over the past 7 days.
NLP techniques: tips of icebergs…
NLP techniques are designed to be supported by important subtle skills including rapport, calibration, language patterns, anchoring, and belief preparation.
The subtle skills make the techniques work consistently rather than being hit and miss. They are best learned on a live training programme where you interact with others and have feedback from a Certified NLP Trainer.
That said, if you practise and experiment you can certainly obtain good results when using the NLP techniques without attending a live training.
Do the techniques work?
Yes. Most people will get benefits from using the techniques ‘out of the box’. You do need to carefully follow the descriptions and be prepared to experiment a bit. And here are a few tips:
Write the key steps on a sheet of paper and have this beside you when following the steps.
Read the steps aloud (if people cannot overhear you)
Many of the techniques work best if done ‘spatially’ rather than sitting and reading them. So, where this is suggested, be prepared to move about and have different locations.
Do a ‘trial run’ of the technique to become familiar with it. Then a few hours or a day later, do it for real.
Many of the articles in this section of the website originally appeared on our monthly newsletter. Click the green button below, enter your email address and a copy will silently arrive in your in-box every few weeks!
More information about NLP
By Reg Connolly, Director of Training, Pegasus NLP