Section 3: NLP & Self Management (2)
Even more NLP ideas and tools for being more in charge of… you
(More on Page 1)
The following articles explore how you can use NLP in managing your thinking, your moods, and how you react to people and situations.
Many of the topics overlap into the other archive categories — so be sure to also check these out, too.
- Negative anchors – Negative Anchors explained
- Negative anchors – Negative Anchors: No Blame! Positive thinking doesn’t work with them
- Negative anchors – Simple steps for taking action on Negative Anchors
- Anchor hunting – how to uncover what’s triggering your bad moods
- Panic – Panic Attacks Demystified The first action step in dealing with panic attacks is to understand them.
- Prejudice: how to be prejudiced – how the NLP Meta Model explains prejudice
- Procrastination Habit (1) How the Procrastination Habit affects us
- Procrastination Habit (2) Tips for dealing with habitual procrastination
- Self Consciousness – how to replace Self Consciousness with ‘other consciousness’
- Self Consciousness – how to be at ease with yourself instead of self conscious
- Self esteem – NLP and the Low Self Esteem Habit how we develop low self esteem
- Self-hypnosis – Negative Self-Hypnosis Your self-talk is your on-going silent chatter. Is this building you up or undermining you?
- Setbacks – NLP technique to make your own day rather than having it made for you by others
- Sleep and insomnia – Improve Your Sleep Mental, physical and emotional ways of beating insomnia.
- Stretching Get outside your comfort zone! Use Karl Rhonke’s comfort, stretch, Panic model to stay flexible.
- Stretching – Stretching or shrinking? Comfort, stretch, Panic revisited (read the earlier article first – see towards beginning of this list)
- Try – You can try or you can do – but not both The role of the little word ‘try’ in your thinking and communicating.
- Unfinished business – NLP and the Zeigarnik Effect – the emotional cost of unfinished business
- Weight Management – often it is now what you eat – but HOW you do it…
7 more on our Mind-Body Health site
- Ageing and your attitude Beware of allowing negative messages about ageing to affect you.
- Anxiety and panic tips Practical tips and information for handling anxiety and panic symptoms.
- Anger & victim thinking The dilemma: they ‘make’ us angry – yet we cannot change them!
- Caffeine & health The risk over-doing things and getting ‘caffeine nerves’.
- Leave it behind you Like the title says… leave it and move on.
- One day at a time Deal with big tasks one step at a time
- Road Rage Understand and deal with road rage – yours and theirs!
Our NLP articles are in 7 website sections
We have sorted out articles into these seven sections (and if you don’t find what you want in one section try the others – many articles just refused to be categorised):
- Communicating with others Tips and insights into how we can improve how we communicate with others
- Managing your moods and emotions 1 How to use NLP to manage our moods and emotional reactions. Lots of articles so they are on two pages – this is Page 1.
- Managing your moods and emotion 2 And this is… Page 2.
- NLP in the workplace How NLP can be applied in the work – in managing, leading, team development, and in your career.
- NLP skills and techniques Some articles explaining the ‘core skills’ which enable NLP techniques to work well
- Goals, outcomes and motivation There is a lot more to goals than SMART objectives. This section details the kind of precision that NLP brings to designing and implementing goals and objectives
- ‘Won’t neatly fit into a category!’ Some articles which don’t fit neatly into any of the above categories.
Many of the above articles originally appeared on our monthly newsletter. Click the green button below, enter your email address and a copy will silently arrive in your in-box every few weeks!
By Reg Connolly, Director of Training, Pegasus NLP