Section 1: Tips & techniques to improve how you communicate
- How to have great relationships How to value your close relationships and keep them fresh and stimulating (1 February 2000 – the first issue of the Newsletter).
- NLP Anchors in relationships – Negative Anchors and your close relationships Calibrated loops – a special form of un-useful anchor that can seriously damage close relationships.
- Gimme Time to Think! On application of the NLP eye accessing cues in communication
- Good intentions aren’t good enough – recognising and utilising non-verbal feedback
- Body language – How NLP helps us recognise and respond to non-verbal communication – which is often more useful than what they say in understanding the real messages.
- What we learn at school – nothing about how to have good relationships!
- NLP in close relationships: “You’re not perfect anymore…”
- What is ‘Good Eye Contact’? There are lots of differing messages and pieces of advice on what makes good eye contact – maybe they’re coming at it from the wrong angle!
- Closeness and Carelessness: how the over-filled “to-do” list can have a negative effect on loving relationships.
- NLP and the Incessant Talker: insights into what makes those non-stop talkers act like they do – along with tips on what to do about them
- Talking at people – or influencing them: the difference between ‘old school’ influencing and effective influencing is… being prepared to listen to them first
- NLP & Advice Giving “Why won’t they take my advice – and change their lives!”
- Pity Petty People: instead of resenting them we could pity these unhappy people
- Weasel or cop-out words indicate a lack of commitment
Our NLP articles are in 7 website sections
We have sorted out articles into these seven sections (and if you don’t find what you want in one section try the others – many articles just refused to be categorised):
- Communicating with others Tips and insights into how we can improve how we communicate with others
- Managing your moods and emotions 1 How to use NLP to manage our moods and emotional reactions. Lots of articles so they are on two pages – this is Page 1.
- Managing your moods and emotion 2 And this is… Page 2.
- NLP in the workplace How NLP can be applied in the work – in managing, leading, team development, and in your career.
- NLP skills and techniques Some articles explaining the ‘core skills’ which enable NLP techniques to work well
- Goals, outcomes and motivation There is a lot more to goals than SMART objectives. This section details the kind of precision that NLP brings to designing and implementing goals and objectives
- ‘Won’t neatly fit into a category!’ Some articles which don’t fit neatly into any of the above categories.
Many of the above articles originally appeared on our monthly newsletter. Click the green button below, enter your email address and a copy will silently arrive in your in-box every few weeks!
More information about NLP
By Reg Connolly, Director of Training, Pegasus NLP